upgradeing?

Brackbob

Solid State Member
Ive got a Amd 64 2800 a gig of ram and a geforce 6800 and when i play counter strike source i usually get around 70-80 fps sometimes dipping as low as 40s :( and i was wondering how much of a improvement am i going to get getting a faster processor i do have the slowest 64 after all. I am thinking about going somewhere in the 3700 range maybe higher if I scrounge enough money. any thoughts

Right have u thought about overclocking and can i ask wat socket 64 amd it is, i have a feeling its 754 which isnt fantastic anyway!!

But you cpu is fine and our gfx card is fine, wht do you think you should be getting, 80fps is ok, i get about 100 for my GT

yea im kind of a noob i dont know what socket it is lol 939 i think i have a asus k8v se deluxe if that would help and i dont know why whenever i have 60 or so im around like 9 people and i have the settings all up with the shadows all on

I just ran fraps with my 6800GT and i got no more then 90 during gameplay ina full server.

ok just ran fraps on a dust 2 server with 18 people my average framerate was 63 with med models med textures 2x aa and triliniar whatever shadows on, is that good also when i do want to upgrade this summer hows it gonna work i think the socket is 754 is that gonna be ok or no someone said it wasnt good am i gonna see a big improvement when i do upgrade?

Get a 939 socket cpu, get a 3000+ if ypou can. Your gfx is fine, just download coolbits2 and OC it.

Back
Top Bottom