"Unknown Device" - USB Errors W/ New Computer

beanx

Beta member
I'm in the process of putting together and setting up a computer for my father. I got everything installed, loaded up Windows 7, updated, & installed missing drivers. I was able to install this USB DVD burner which was recognized and works perfectly but when i got to the point of installing his wireless USB card (Netgear WNDA3100) it kept giving me a unknown device error. Well i thought something might be wrong with the board/usb ports and or the wireless usb card so i plugged in a flash drive and got the same problem. I then took that flash drive & usb wireless card and plugged it into my own computer and both were recognized right away.

I start to get angry at this point and start to think maybe its a compatibility issue with this board and Windows 7 or something. So i install a fresh copy of Windows XP. Still get all the same issues. I have re flashed the mobo, installed all USB drivers for the mobo, I've pretty much done everything i can think of at this point. Ive worked as a computer tech for Sony for the last 3 years so id like to think i know what im doing but this issue has me stumped. Id hate to just say the mobo is bad for the fact that it recognizes the USB DVD drive no matter what USB port i use so the ports seem to be good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom