Uninstall Norton antivirus

Nelis

Beta member
I can not remove Norton Antivirus.
When I try through the control panel etc.
and click remove it says "You have no adminstrator rights, please login via Start, Norton , and login" But there is no feature for loging in.
Of course I do have administrator rights.

I also tried starting up in safe mode were you automatically log in as administrator but then you cannot remove a program.

My pc runs under XP home edition with all updates installed.
(Auto update On)

Who can help me with this?

Regards
Nelis

Hey, first of all Welcome :)

Hmm, that is weird.

Are there any more users on your computer though? If so, who first installed Norton?
You may find only that person can delete it on their account since it's linked to them.

The only portion of Norton I have seen that you must log into is the content filtering section. I have never seen this issue before. I do know that Norton does not like to come off your computer- anyone that has ever gotten rid of it will tell you so. Even if you are sucessful at uninstalling- it's not all gone. Due to lawsuit reasons, Norton provides a removal program at their Website. You will have to disable Norton first, before you can uninstall. Let me know if the Web site can't help you.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much, I found what I needed to uninstall Norton and it worked!
It's gone!!!

Now I installed NOD32, has been recommended to my by friends.
Do you have any expierence with it? I mean is good?

Nelis

I wouldn't trust anything other than either Norton Antivirus/AVG/Avast

Charchris said:
Haha, whats NOD32?!?!

I never heard of it either, until today. A quick Google search and here's the Web site: NOD32 Antivirus

Nelis, glad I could be of help. Let me know how that antivirus works out. As I've said, I've never heard of it, but I will look into it now. ;)

Kage, where is your sense of adventure?? lol

Well boot in safe mode, and delete the folder. If that dosn't do it, good luck lol :)

Back
Top Bottom