Under-clocking

Has anyone heard about this? Where you under-clock your laptop to increase battery life and reduce heat from your processor? I was just wondering, do you think this would be worth it?

isent that the same as changing your battery settings.

cause my laptop is a 2.0 dual, and when i go to balaced, gets limited to 1.8, power saver 0.8.

or do u mean even lower?

Your notebook is able to do that automatically. There's no need to underclock your processor.

Well, I was thinking something ridiculous low. Let's say all someone uses their laptop is for typing. How low do you think that person could go? I mean...do you think they'd get to a point where they have like 4hrs+ of battery life (or something higher, idk the extreme)

On another note.

Well, I was thinking something ridiculous low. Let's say all someone uses their laptop is for typing. How low do you think that person could go? I mean...do you think they'd get to a point where they have like 4hrs+ of battery life (or something higher, idk the extreme)

It depends on your battery and power settings.

On another note.
i get 5h+ to my battery on my xps m1330 if i am browsing/typing. you just let the throttling function do it's thing. don't screw with your laptop to try to get a few minutes of battery time, it's not worth it. if you want a ultra-efficient laptop then get one with the efficient mobile procs.

people do this to there psp and it greatly increases battery life but i imagine it works the same way in the bios just grab a guide on google.

On another note.

is it me or is that motherboard on fire ?

I'm sure they could build a machine to do it. But it's a waste of liquid nitrogen (or whatever they're using).

@ssc456: I honestly can't tell.

Back
Top Bottom