Unable to duel-boot after win7 install. Help!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I had just installed win7 on a second partison where my XP partision was. Before, when I would restart PC I would get a choice betwen XP or Vista, but now after Win7 install it goes streight to Win7. Plz help!

I had just installed win7 on a second partison where my XP partision was. Before, when I would restart PC I would get a choice betwen XP or Vista, but now after Win7 install it goes streight to Win7. Plz help!

your post is kinda confusing, are they on the same partition...? or is each on their own separate partition...? if you go into Windows 7 and there is a windows.old folder than you replaced the XP install with Win7 instead of installing a dual boot, I always install dual boot OSes on different partitions, though I don't know if you have to...

Make sure your bootloader settings are correct. Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System.

Click on the 'Advanced' tab and in the 'Startup and Recovery' box click on 'Settings'.

Stick to the options in the 'System startup' box.

Make sure you have both your operating systems in the drop-down section.

Click on the 'Edit' button. Notepad should open up with the boot loader.

Forget multi(0) & disk(0).

What options do you have displayed here?

your post is kinda confusing, are they on the same partition...? or is each on their own separate partition...? if you go into Windows 7 and there is a windows.old folder than you replaced the XP install with Win7 instead of installing a dual boot, I always install dual boot OSes on different partitions, though I don't know if you have to...

Originaly I had 2 different partition's. One XP and one Vista, I had delited the XP partison and created a new one, where I installed Win7.

Make sure your bootloader settings are correct. Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System.

Click on the 'Advanced' tab and in the 'Startup and Recovery' box click on 'Settings'.

Stick to the options in the 'System startup' box.

Make sure you have both your operating systems in the drop-down section.

Click on the 'Edit' button. Notepad should open up with the boot loader.

Forget multi(0) & disk(0).

What options do you have displayed here?

You lost me in the Edit Button part... I dont see it. And I only have one OS in the drop down bar Win 7...

You lost me in the Edit Button part... I dont see it. And I only have one OS in the drop down bar Win 7...

Thats why it boots straight into Windows 7. In the drop down bar you should have both OS's listed.

I have the Edit button in XP and there must be a way to edit the bootloader in Windows 7 so you can add the other OS install.

Thats why it boots straight into Windows 7. In the drop down bar you should have both OS's listed.

Hmmm Well I know I did everything correct with the partition's... I delited XP and created a new one, where I installed win7... Why would there be a problem? Does anyone have any solutions to fix this?

Thanks

I told you this would happen in your other Win7 thread (I think :p)

You could also have used EasyBCD to do it.

Back
Top Bottom