umm ya aim virus?

Johnh

Baseband Member
ok so i was on AIM and somebody had a link in the away message that was something like "new beach pictures up, click here... " so i clicked on it and now i have some kind of virus where it will automaticaly set that away message as mine. even if i completely exit out of AIM it will automaticaly sign me in and put up that away message. so im getting really angry.

once again the link that i clicked on was:
so if anybody else has this problem or knows how to fix it i would really apreciate it!

THANK YOU!!

-- Do not Post that link again or you will be banned

I suggest an admin put a big red warning label telling people not to click those links. As for the AIM virus, search on Google for a fix. Uninstalling and reinstalling might help, but I doubt it. In the most extreme case, you'd have to reformat the entire drive just to get rid of it.

P.S. Be sure to report it to AOL!

ya I tried uninstalling and then re-downloading from aim but that didnt work, and i do have norton anti virus, along with spybot, spyware blaster, and microsoft antispyware. i also tried looking on google for it but i wasnt succesful so far. ill try reporting it to aim and then keep looking for fixes.

if anybody else has any ideas please tell me so i can get rid of this!

thanks!

Johnh said:
ok so i was on AIM and somebody had a link in the away message that was something like "new beach pictures up, click here... " so i clicked on it and now i have some kind of virus where it will automaticaly set that away message as mine. even if i completely exit out of AIM it will automaticaly sign me in and put up that away message. so im getting really angry.

once again the link that i clicked on was:
so if anybody else has this problem or knows how to fix it i would really apreciate it!

THANK YOU!!

-- Do not Post that link again or you will be banned
Yes, very good advice from my colleague, displaying the link was idiotic, a member may have clicked on it, of course the obvious advice is just be very careful where you click, anything that even remotely suggests seeing girls like this one did, avoid them like the plague!

What was the link to? A virus? Did he seriously post that? Oh man... all I have to say is to be careful where you click and have good av protection on at all times.

Yes it is a virus. I can't open task Manager anymore, but Hijackthis! will do it!

lhuser said:
Yes it is a virus. I can't open task Manager anymore, but Hijackthis! will do it!
Ye GODS!! you actually tried it??, what were you thinking of
angry8.gif
?, I had you down as a sensible guy.
Are you saying that changing to Highjackthis will help?,let me know how you get on.

Maurice

Quote: Originally posted by Ihuser
Yes, it is a virus, I can't open task Manager anymore.......

Let this be a lesson to all of us!

Back
Top Bottom