ultimate computer!

Yeah that reports okay, though it seems a bit out of date now compared to what people now would call the perfect computer.

I'm sure it got you a good mark for whats in it and thats what its about :)

Though the perfect system for most people now would be a Geforce 6800Ultra x2 in SLI and a top of the range Athlon 64 processor or Pentium 4 with HT :p Well....for a gamer anyway...

The sound cards up to scratch though, and I want one of them :)

Hey guys, I'm Patrick's colleague in the project and am very glad for the feedback received. What do you think of the Asus P5WD2 Premium A life series. Motherboards are my weakness and I always stumble and choose something that is great but not THE best out there.

Hey, welcome to the forums.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket775/p5wd2-p/overview.htm

Great :p
and it does seem pretty good actually, and does seem like one of the best. Its definetly not one of the worst as it supports all new hardware.

Dual Core CPU for example, DDR2 memory support, PCI-e for the latest graphics cards, CPU lock free so you can overclock. Yeah not bad at all :p

Also, the video card, how long til those become obsolete? Is it better to spend $700 and gnaw your teeth when something better comes along in a year or two?
Or spend a couple hundred for a more than decent card that does it all. That you would replace as soon as you found something better.

Well, for that motherboard, you'd have to get a PCI-E card anwyay, and none of these won't last you a long time really since they are all reletviely new,
though i'd buy a better video card now so it lasts a few years to be honest, and then prices would have dropped for more advanced hardware and i'd then go for that, which would have then become a nice budget card :p

This year is great for a person wanting to buy a new graphics card, and I wouldn't choose ATi...just my opinion (Though i have the Ati Radeon 9800Pro powering my system at the moment, so not biased)

I hope this helps :)

Im sending this one out to everyone.
They are a necessity and might cost as much as your PC. We were going to write that smaller satellite type speakers can deliver the same power and sound quality as those large ones. Our teacher says no way. I know this might not be related to PC's but our topic was multimedia.

I would love nothing more than to have someone rebuke my teacher :D
I am sure that some smaller, thinner speakers, especially the pricey ones must be as great as the others, if not better. I just dont have the arguments to back me up. If you know anyone or another thread , please let us know, we are still newbies.

Thanks

Hate to tell you but your teacher is right. Even the bose cube speakers that they charge through the roof for are crap. In speakers and audio in general weight = quality (not always, but not a bad golden rule, I just sold a $3900 amplifier that weighed 92 lbs and it is a 1U rackmount!). I'm not saying they have to be huge, I have some nice definitive pro cinema 80s for my surrounds and they are only 4in x 4in x 6in but they weigh an incredible amount for there size. Basically the more they weigh the bigger the magnet they can have which increases the undistorted power handling. Also high quality speakers need a large range. The small speakers tend to be tiny, and you tend to have a large amount of frequency drop out and distortion between 60hz-300hz because while the small speakers can't hit the mid-lows, the crappy subs try to take over and distort horribly with that high of a frequency for a sub. Anyways bigger speakers do tend to have better sound quality because they tend to weigh more. At the very least the uber thing speakers are going to be crap and there is no way around that without reinventing the laws of physics :)

Back
Top Bottom