ugh... Help please!

soon2bd2god

Beta member
Well last night, my friend let me have his old system. I brought it home opened both my system and his to remove his RAM and HD to install into mine to upgrade my system... It shouldn't have been a big deal, just a little bit of time.....

Which brings me to my problem.

I was almost done, but had the wrong RAM chip in my system. I started up CMOS setup to look at my specs, and I had 160 RAM, not the 256 like I needed. I, not thinking, went and disconnected the 32 RAM chip with the system still on. It shut down and now it refuses to turn on. I don't know what to do, and I don't know where to start. I tried my basic power cord, my surge protecter, but the system refuses to even power on the slightest bit. I need my system back and I don't know where to start, or if I'm missing something obvious, or what... Please help me!

Have you still got the ram in . "chip with the system still on" You fool that could be it you might have screwed the motherboard up.

yea, I'm quite angry at myself for doing that cause I know that you never do that, it was a slip up and now I'm worried that the motherboard may be screwed up, but I don't want it to be- I kinda don't have time for that... or money. Maybe if there was some way I could try to fix it? and yes, the RAM is in...

well, uh, I fixed my problem last night. lol, I purged the power from the system, as I had read somewhere online, and it ended up working, thank god it wasn't the motherboard...

Back
Top Bottom