Tv Tuner part 2

dangerousbeme

In Runtime
Ok what would be better, an 8x AGP tuner card or a PCI one?

Also, can the tuner cards decode the cable signal similarly to a cable box, allowing channels besides the free ones?

If I get an HDTV tuner card, I would be getting this hdtv reception solely from over-air broadcasting right? or does it also except the hdtv channels that my cable provider currently offers

AGP or PCI shouldn't matter with the tuner capabilities... They are limited to what the TV can display and I've never had any problems with my PCI cards...

The tuner works just like your TV does...

I've not delt with HDTV tuners. I would assume it would work just like a TV though, and if it can use HD, it would

so when ur saying the tuner card wokes just like a tv, are u saying that it can only get the basic channels. ive plugged a cable line into a tv without a box and if its cable ready it get those basic ones, and not any more.

i bet pci are better. i dont kno about agp, but if u ask me, save that for your graphics card. or if iu have more than one agp, whatever. but yueah. and, if money isnt an issue, get a nice ati tv tuner with hdtv. man. t aht is so sweet. my firend has that.... geez. its sweet.

I've only had one TV Tuner myself and yes, that's all I got... Now there might be some way to get around this, but basically it's just a standard tuner. Heck, most look, and probably are basicalyl identical to what you have in a VCR or TV.

Well if you are going to buy a video card with the TV tuner incorporated, your better off with the AGP video card cause the AGP port is specifically made for a video card.
If there would be a AGP TV Tuner stand alone(which I doubt) I wouldn't buy it because if you would want to buy a AGP video card, you would be stuck because there is only one AGP port on a mobo so: buy a PCI TV Tuner.

Back
Top Bottom