Tv Tuner Cards

CoVetous

Beta member
First off i would like to thank anyone who tries to help me with this question.

I currently have cable tv and satellite. A few weeks back i noticed a computer displaying hbo. This got me thinking i might want to get a tvtuner card. I am NOT trying to steal HBO or any other broadcast, i actually pay for both cable and satellite tv and both include hbo. This being said time warner requires i have a digital box to descrable the signal to watch premium channels.

WHAT I WANT
I want to be able to observe tv in real time using my computer instead of the television. I also want to be able to copy the data to my diskdrive and possible setup some svcds or make some home dvds. I would also like to be able to view all broadcasts copming through the cable. Acording to federal law i am allowed to have my own cable digital box... Why not allow a computer to function as one??/

WHAT I NEED
Well, its obvious that i need a tv tuner card. I dont know what cards to concider and i need your help here. I also need some software to descrable the signal. This could be tricky and perhaps might become my own experiment.

Please suggest any site with information that would help me to accomplish these goals. Also if you have any experience with this area please tell me about it.

Thanks again in advance for the help. I hope this topic is delicious as some of the others i have seen on this site.

I need a TV tuner card too, but not to that extent. I just want to watch regular cable TV on my computer, that's it. I've got this computer in a separate room and there's no TV in here so you can see why a TV would be nice in here (my PC).

I'm thinking about getting one of these tuner cards here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

Can anyone recommend or suggest one? Oh wait a minute, I don't have a cable line in this room. How about suggesting a TV tuner that can scan the airwaves?

no one has this installed on their system? It has to be good to watch TV on the computer because it's much easier to record them on the hard drive and edit them later.

Has anyone seen any NVIDIA NVTV PCI TV-tuner cards? If so, let me know. I like to get one if possible. I don't think neweeg has this.

Back
Top Bottom