Turkish laptop keyboard layout in English , cant find symbols ???

kamilo1

Beta member
Hellooo all !

Well the title sums it up really, bought a laptop in hungary but Im now in UK and I have just installed Ubuntu !

Im struggling to find all the symbols on the keys , example a inverted slash !? I have been watching some command line/terminal tutorials on Youtube, and straight away I couldnt get that "slash" the opposite to this /////////// ???

I wondered what you might advise ?

I have seen a friend using an on screen keyboard app on an old version of windows when his keyboard played up, would something like that be the easiest option ? It seems like I just cant get certain symbols, or if its just me being inpatient and inept in finding them ? Whats the best way to locate all the misplaced keyboard symbols barr trial and error and memorizing ??

one love my digital brothers and sisters !:flowers:

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

forgot to say, although bought in Hungary, its Turkish !!!!!

you can buy labels that can be placed over the keys. Just get a UK label set. They will all be placed in order. so it should be easy.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

ohh. and for the "\" symbol.
you press "alt gr" and the key right beside "shift". the key that makes "<" and ">"

if your on win7 just type "keyboard" in the search bar when you click the start icon to find the on-screen keyboard

Thanks for the advice Peeple ! Im ordering a sticker set now , Im also on Ubuntu Ja6on , so not looked if theres a similar widget for the OS

Back
Top Bottom