Tuner Card

Shane198three

Baseband Member
So I have been using tuner cards for the past couple of years. My first card is from my old HP and I was able to easily move it to my home built computer and it worked perfectly fine.

The card has had a ton of wear on it, and now it is starting to get some static when I am watching TV.

I was able to get a new card out of an old Sony Viao VGC-RB42G but unfortunately every time I start up my Windows Media Center it says:

"The TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tuner was not detected. If you have a tuner, ensure it is installed correctly. To find out how to watch TV on your PC, visit http://www.windows.com/pctv"

I figured I would find some drivers for it, so I went to Sony to attempt to find the drivers, and I have been unsuccessful.

"File Description UPDATE Sony® TV Tuner Library Update Release Date 9/07/2005 Version SOAVTL-01039300-US.EXE File Size 1.99 MB This utility installs an updated version of the Sony® TV Tuner Library to address the error, "TV Tuner in use by another application"."

When installing the software you have to go through and change the model name of your computer, but you can get it to install...

I would love to get this Tuner Card to work properly, if you have any advise, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom