Trying to run dual monitors

makoa

Beta member
I am trying to run dual monitors and it is not working. Either monitor will work when I have just that one plugged in. When i plug two in, the one plugged in second will be blank, with the power still on. I was told by a friend that when I right click on the desktop, and go to settings, there should be two monitors there, and I only see one, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Oh, by the way I am a complete computer noob. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :) .

ok well how many video cards do you have? and if you have one, does it have two outputs? and what video card?

To be honest I'm not sure, I just do whatever my friend tells me lol. I think I did, but it has been a while since I got it so I cant be sure.

EDIT: Ok, i just installed the drivers, and when I rebooted my system, I saw the windows loading screen on both computers, and now in my properties->settings I see the two monitors, but the other monitor still says no signal, and currently it is the same as before. When I click the second monitor, and check the box that says extend windows to this monitor, the screen just goes blank and then comes back up, but nothing changes.

Right click on desktop, choose properties, then settings. Right click the monitor that looks a little grayed out (proberly numbered "2")

Right click, and press attached. Press apply, press OK. one.

I tried that, it is the same as clicking the box that extends windows to the other monitor, nothing happened.

Back
Top Bottom