Troubles w/ my display

Drewstein69

Beta member
I curretnly use an AMD Athlon 2600 + w/ 512 MB SDRAM. The problem comes from my GeForce 5200 FX 128 MB video card it seems. i was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft when all fo the sudden my computer rebooted itself, once it was back to my Windows log-in, my display was permenantly set to 620 x 480 resolution w/ 4 bit colour. When I go into my Display options, it shows I can choose others but when I apply them, it still stays in 4 bit 640 x 480. I updated my drivers last march or so, I can't quite remember but nothing is changing back to the way ti was before. Will I need to get a new video card or will it maybe be something more that needs to be done? Thanks.

Full Specs:
XP Professional SP2
AMD Athlon XP, 1917 MHz (11.5 x 167) 2600+
Motherboard AOpen AK77-600N (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
System Memory 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB)
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
Hard Drive Field SAMSUNG SP0802N (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Thats no good. That happened to me befor, sorry to say man your card just died WoW is a really high graphics game and after playing the game for to long the card started to heat up and slowly dies you should stike to a 256 card. Im sorry man :(

Funny thing is, after updating again, now works like a charm. Thanks for the help. I was actually looking at getting a new card sometime soon anyway :p Thanks again though.

Back
Top Bottom