Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860 froze up

nanllyn1

Solid State Member
I just have a general question. I just bought the Toshiba with the I5 core with 4GB of memory. I have not installed any programs on it yet as I've only had it a couple of days.
My question is I was having Media Center register(or whatever it is called when it is adding music folders) my mp3's. Now I have 36,000 mp3's so it is alot and it was on an external drive but a fast external drive. It had been indexing and getting information from the internet for approx 24 hours. I was on the internet streaming music as well but that was all that was going on when the system completely froze up. I had to do a hard reboot.
So my question is do you think I may have a bad laptop or that I may need more power and need to go up to the I7 system. I know that my laptop may freeze from time to time don't get me wrong but I only have 3 more days to return it if it is that fact of a bad laptop or underpowered. If you just think it might have been just one of those times and not a problem with the laptop itself then that is what I need to know.
Thanks for your help.
Nancy

I'm gonna say OS error. You're running windows and it does weird stuff. You could always check the error log and see what it says.

Core i5 is plenty of power.

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate and that was all I needed to know.
Take care,
nancy

Back
Top Bottom