Toshiba M55-s325

nick94

Beta member
Hey everyone! I just had a question on my old laptop. Its been sitting around for a while and i decided to try and fix it after having my dad take it around to a bunch of repair shops, but none could fix it. Well to make a long story short, its a toshiba m55-s325 and i beleive it has a pentium m 740 1.73 ghz processor. Anyway when we truned it on it would stay on for a little and then freeze after about a minute and u had to restart it! Today, i figured out the problem by going to the bios settings and changing the cpu power from dynamic to always low. I dont understand why but when i put it on low (only 800 mhz instead of 1.73 ghz) it wouldnt freeze anymore so i put it back on dynamic and it froze again. Does anyone know why this is the cause? Do i need a new cpu cause they are cheap so i can get one soon. Please leave ur opinion on what the problem could be.

anyone??please?

its possible that it is your CPU, but usually when a computer does that its due to overheating parts...system will responde to a part that heats up too quickly by shutting itself down. lowering the speed to 800mhz WILL lower the temp of it so thats probably why.

Back
Top Bottom