Toshiba Blank Screen

Philly Jim

Beta member
Hello All-

I was hoping you could help me. I have a Toshiba 1000 S157 notebook. I''ve had it for about two years.Two weeks ago, the screen became blank. I thought i was the laptop dying, but i hooked it up to an external monitor, and it works fine, just no screen. I gave it to a friend who knows computers, and he cleaned it out, spun it around, and he said everything worked fine. I got it back last night, started up, screen was working, when i plugged in the power cord, and everything became dark again (you can still see whats going on if you hold light to it). When i start up without the power cord, i get a visable screen for about 5 seconds, when there is a power cord, not one second of screen light up.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience/knowledge of whats happening. The laptop runs great, but the screen is givin' me trouble.

Thanks.

Try having a look in the bios options to see if theres an option which powers down your screen. Your power cord might not be properly connected so check thats in and everythings functioning ok. My screen on my old laptop used to darken considerbly when the battery died.

Try looking at the brightness settings. You should have a function key at the bottom of your keyboard which says "Fn" hold that in whilst pressing the brightness key. (normally located on the top row of buttons in the shape of the sun)

Good luck! Keep us updated and hopefully someone more clever than me might be able to come with more ideas!

99nasha

Back
Top Bottom