Is This Too Hot?

Amd64

Baseband Member
i have a dfi lanparty mobo, with a 3400+ processor (clawhammer core)... and i have the xp-120 heatsink, and a 120mm cooling fan... no overclocking or anything, and with the side cover off... my computer will idle at about 47c, and when im playing games and or playing with psp8 and running winamp etc.... my temps reach up to about 54c, and one time it hit 58c... and having the fan run at 1800rpm, or 5500rpm does not seem to make enough difference....

does that sound right? should i not worry?

i use this program called "hardware sensors monitor" ... and when i go into my bios, it says just about the same thing as it does in windows, withen a few degrees anyway

It is a tad high from what I'm running. Mine is currently *checking my CPU monitor*, 39 degrees Celsius with no air conditioning running in the house while browsing the net and downloading stuff. Your idle seems a little high but under load it seems fine. When playing Doom 3, the temp on mine jumps into the high 60's so you're ok.

Have you tried using the stock fan/heatsink before? I'm running mine on stock still with overclock @ 2.4GHz. My temps still stay pretty cool and it's like 84 degrees in my room right now. During the day when it gets hot, my room temp is like 92 and the CPU reads out approx. 45 degrees.

well i bought my cpu with no heatsink..... and bought that one......

maybe that heatsink is crap, just looks nice :confused:

TRDCorolla said:
It is a tad high from what I'm running. Mine is currently *checking my CPU monitor*, 39 degrees Celsius with no air conditioning running in the house while browsing the net and downloading stuff. Your idle seems a little high but under load it seems fine. When playing Doom 3, the temp on mine jumps into the high 60's so you're ok.

Umm, you do realize the CRITICAL TEMP for the AMDs R5 silicon wafer is 65C right?? You are damaging your CPU.... I would try to stop that... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom