Thermaltake Soprano Mid tower

golf_addict73

In Runtime
I bought this case and know it has 2 120mm fans and 1 90mm fan......I was wondering exaclty how many fans can fit in this case...there is a 120 in the front...a 120 in the back...and a 90 on the side.....please tell me how many more fans i can fit and what sixe would work...

I also bought the thermaltake silent purepower PSU 480w and know it has 2 adjustable fans so i'm fine there...any help about the max number of fans would be great.

Two 120mm's on front, back and a 90mm on the side is good enough. You can fit more, but it'll get louder and it'll be overkill.

Does it have a fan vent on top of the case? I doubt there would be with the Soprano's. You can always add on hard drive coolers (the bay type or the mount on the hard drive type). Exhaust blowers can also be added to any slot on the case. I don't see a lot of people using them and I don't know why. They work wonders.

i was just wondering like case fan wise if there were any extra slots in the case....I know about all the other agp slots fans and hdd fans but i don't really need any of those because i'm not doing anything hard with my computer.....I may think about overclocking in the future but not until i see how fast my computer really is...and after i get enough money to buy all the components for the thing...i only had enough money to buy the case and PSU right now....so hopefully in another month i can buy the mobo, processor, and hard drive.........we can only hope though

I don't think there are any other places to mount fans unless you customize one. But that involves tapping holes into your case and cutting them out. Not recommended. The 2x120mm and the 90mm case fans works great. It will force out a lot of warm air. I would definitely get that case for OCing.

TRDCorolla said:
I don't think there are any other places to mount fans unless you customize one. But that involves tapping holes into your case and cutting them out. Not recommended. The 2x120mm and the 90mm case fans works great. It will force out a lot of warm air. I would definitely get that case for OCing.
not reccommended? why not? I did it and it worked out great. cut a hole in the top of my case to install an 80mm fan.

I guess if you have the skill to do it, then it's ok because at least you know what you're doing. For noobs, definitely not.

IMO thermaltake makes horrible cases. My friend had a Tsunami Dream and he said it was extremely flimsy and even i agree. ( I saw the case myself) But since you bought it already i would look in the front to see if there is anymore room for an extra 120mm. In my P-180 (which i think is the best case even though its steel) there is room for 2 x 120mm intakes and 2 120mm exhaust with an 80mm fan with a shroud blowing directly at the video card and an 120 x 38mm fan creating a vacuum in the second chamber. Look into the hard drive cages and try to find holes that look like you can screw stuff to.

Back
Top Bottom