Taking apart a laptop?

harveycarpenter

Solid State Member
Taking apart a notebook?

Yes, I'm sure to many of you hardware experts, that's a ridiculously simple question but hey...

I'd like to take apart my Samsung V25 for some repairs, but can't even get the case off! I've taken off every visible screw, yet it remains mysteriously stuck together in the middle, although all four corners just about seperate. Don't want to break anything, so thought I'd ask to see what I'm missing.

Any general advice would really be appreciated, or, even better, an illustration/guide on how to take apart the V25.

Thanks

PS - Apologies if there's a similar post regarding V25's, but the forum wouldn't let me search for such a short term...

Check under the access panels (like for the RAM and hard drive) to make sure there aren't any screws there. Also, many laptops need to be taken apart starting with the faceplate right under the screen. Try gently prying that off in various ways. I know my Sony laptop's faceplate has little plastic retainers that hold the plate on until they are depressed. Just use common sense, and don't force anything. Laptop parts are delicate.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there are no access panels for this model.

I've had a good look around and I can't find anything under the front panel before the screen...

Have you tried taking out the keyboard carefully, you might find some screw under there, my old laptop got screwed any way,

Done! Yes I took off the keyboard (before I read your post) and am extremely chuffed as I replaced the motherboard, despite never having opened up a computer in my life.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom