Tablet choice (any ideas?)

root

Site Team
Staff member
I've just broken a Lenovo S6000-F tablet.
(the micro USB port has come detached from the main board and ripped up tracks, a little searching tells me that this is practically impossible to fix myself, and requires a replacement main board - and it won't be covered under any warranty (the tablet is a year and a half old)

So, now I'm looking for a new tablet PC.
I have around £200 of Amazon vouchers that I'm going to throw at this purchase. and will spend up to an additional £50 cash.

A couple that I've seen are Aquaris E10 (Android)
a Trekstor surftab (Windows)
or a PIPO P9 (android)

As may be obvious, I'm not a "brand snob" so I'm not looking for only Samsung or whatever, I'm much more interested in getting "bang for my buck"

I guess my questions are:
Does anyone have any experience with these brands, are they flaky/going to fall apart?

I'm drawn to the surftab because it doesn't use a USB micro to charge, - so I won't face the same broken connector problem again... but my concerns are, what apps can I get to run on the device?
- there aren't as many people with or developing for this OS, (windows libraries on 32bit arm - so regular desktop apps won't just launch)

Does anyone want to say, yeah get (that) one? (like a vote)

Did I miss any hidden gem in that sub £250 price bracket (must be from amazon.co.uk) (I want another 10" one because I'ev already got cases etc and external keyboards built into cases for 10" tablets.)

as always any help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NVIDIA-Shie...&qid=1433543543&sr=8-1&keywords=nvidia+tablet

I'm pretty sold on these, fell in love with it at Gadgetshowlive this year, been trying to find an excuse to buy one... smaller but beefy. Personally I'd sacrifice a few inches (thats what he said) for a tablet with this much testosterone.

Mini HDMI is a nice touch too, they had it driving a 1440p display at the show but I'd imagine it would be more comfortable at 1080.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom