svchost.exe

rik224224

Beta member
Whenever my computer starts I get a message saying, "Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\softreg\svchost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." I click OK then I get another message saying, "Could not load or run 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\softreg\svchost.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry."
Should I be concerned about these messages? What should I do to fix this problem?

insert you windows CD and repair your windows installation by trying to install it then it will say you already have it installed do you wish to repair it say yes

It's likely you're svchost.exe file has become corrupt somehow. Try clicking Start>>Run and type in "SFC /scannow" You will need to insert you're XP disc, that is assuming you're using XP.

Matt

If I repair my windows installation will I need the CD key? Unfortunately, I do not know where the CD key is.

Back
Top Bottom