Suggestions on 3d Modeling Apps?

Hey I was just looking for some good software for generating models in 3d that includes specifications. Basically for an example say I wanted to design a computer case I'd like to find a program were I can map out all the screw holes bends grooves etc then be able to label and work out from that then designing the outside etc.

I'm guessing it would be some type of cad program. Just something to play around with a create virtually anything I put my mind to. If there are any free programs or some free trials hook me up with some info on some good apps for this. Thanks guys.

blender is very powerful but too complicated for a beginner, i say start with google sketch up, really good for beginers, you cant create anything remotely fancey but it will prep you for more powerful ones 3d stuido max, which i would suggest after you learn the ropes

blender is very powerful but too complicated for a beginner, i say start with google sketch up, really good for beginers, you cant create anything remotely fancey but it will prep you for more powerful ones 3d stuido max, which i would suggest after you learn the ropes

After I pick up the basic concept I learn fast. So I should check look for studio max for really in depth 3d work?

No standard piece of 3D software is going to do what you want I'm afraid :(

All standard 3D programs used to make game models/movies have scales built in to measure, but they aren't accurate, and i think this is what you want.

You'll need CAD to accuratly make models. Blender, and even 3D Studio Max/Maya won't accuratly produce a model in perfect measurements.

matt are you thinking about doing that thing were you give a company(cant think of the name) a model of a case and they make it for you?

Back
Top Bottom