Suggestions...

Sytheious

BSOD
I'm in dire need of a new graphics card. All my buddies have X1800s and 7900s and the like. Compared ot my old, POS, X700 128MB DDR. Now, I want to get somethign that will play F.E.A.R on some rather good settings, as I enjoy eye candy just as much as the next guy. However herein lies the problem...

The problem is simple: 7600GS, or 7800GS. The question is the amount of money to invest in an aging system. Given that DX10 is on the horizon, and more eye-candy filled games are on the way, I'm not to sure if the $300 price tag on a 7800GS warrants the purchase for my PC. However the $125 7600GS is looking good. My friend has the 512MB GDDR2 PCI-e version and plays games quite well, mostly on High to Maximum settings.

My goal is simple: Pack the absolute most graphics into the best card for the price. What i mean by this is does the 7800GS' price tag, $300, warrant the purchase? What kind of graphics should I expect from the 7600GS 256MB GDDR2 model as oppossed to the 7800GS 256MB GDDR3, which is 256-bit and the 7600GS is 128-bit.

So, really is comes down to "bang for the buck." My CPU, RAM, Hard drive and all that is perfectly fine as is, I just want better graphics. And I need the absolute best AGP for the money. Think you can help with a suggestion?

well the 7600GT will run most games fine with high settings, and it's definitely worth the money. About the 7800GS, I don't have any first hand experience about this one, but I wouldn't go spending $300 on an agp card.

Back
Top Bottom