Stuck troubleshooting notebook, help appreciated.

venividibitchy

Beta member
My ASUS K50i laptop stopped working mid-use & without warning. It simply powered down & won't turn back on.

I tried:
- resetting battery
- running solely off battery
- running solely off a *definitely working* AC adapter
- cleaning fan

Any ideas? Might be a mobo issue? It gets no juice at all, not even to buttons!

Help greatly appreciated, I prefer repairing things myself, but this issue stumped me....

Is the AC adapter a power converter or the actual correct AC for the laptop.

The laptop battery sounds drained to me, this isn't good for the voltage either, this is what happens, have you left it off for sometime or did you keep turning it off by the power button?

Unplug the power, take the battery out, leave the laptop for 48hours, come back and let me know, if this doesn't work, try taking the laptop to parts and reassemble the power unit in the back of the laptop back together, just unplug all the wires and retry, unless you're not to tech, take it either to a friend who knows exactly what he's doing or head on to a computer store.

I can't help much as it's not infront of me and theirs not an awful lot you can do at this point.

is it possible that you do just have a dead battery but your power input port has gone bad? ie, rust/corrosion, broken solder, missing pieces?

Back
Top Bottom