steps for puting together my comp

jcon891

Daemon Poster
once i get my parts for my pc, (sig), will the motherboard come w/ the steps for puting everything together? if not, where do i start, and in what order do i put everything in??

All the instruction manuals will say what to do when you have them all on the floor :p

Most of it is common sense though jcon89, and I'm sure you can handle it. Great machine though :)

What you'd first do is if the case has a slide out plate for the motherboard is to take that out.

You'd then using the special holders for the motherboard and screws, place this into the case, securing it.

You'd then start putting the CPU in, and taking off the plastic sticker underneath the heatsink which wil be where the layer of thermal compound to make hot air rise is.

You'd then slot the chip into the motherboard slot, making sure it is facing the right way using the pins missing and corner off as a guide which should just push in easily. You then place the heatsink on top with the newly wet thermal compound underneath which was protected by the sticker and put this in the right place over the top, and then pushing the handle and making sure it slots into place in the motherboards CPU holder, which is spring loaded.

You then place the memory in, and with the dual channel set up, you might have to look out for colour codes which the manual will help you with to make sure it'll work.

It is now time to place the power supply in and to fit all the cables and all the little cables to the motherboard that came for all the power and l.e.d leads from the case, etc which is also helpful you look at the manual for.

You now fit all the rest of the cards like video, and sound making sure these are placed in right.

Now put the hard drives in, putting them in the right places (IDE for example) in the motherboard slots and placing them in the case, screwing them in if nessesary, and any other drives liek CD/DVD, plugging these up to power sources from the Power supply as you go using the molex connectors which you should get enough of (I would get some spare splitters though just to be sure)

and now power it up. It should work :)

NOTE BEFORE STARTING:

You might want to get hold of a static bracelet to protect the components and there are many types, but the best ones plug into a power supply which earths yourself frying any of the components you are fitting in.

Other people connect the power supply to the computer first though, earthing the case so this also protects the parts, but it doesn't protect the parts as you take it out of the packets, etc, so I would really think and get a static bracelet.

If worse comes to worse, you can always run to a radiator every few minutes or anything earthed into teh ground to protect from static that can damage components :p

I hope this little guide helps :)

hehe, the instruction manual is usually very good for AMD's. I fitted mine first time with no problems just using that piece of folded out paper as a guide.

It isn't really that hard, but you have to be quite firm, but not too firm to connect the lever and connect the heatsink firmly in place, but as long as you follow the set guidelines, you shouldn't have any issues :)

Back
Top Bottom