starting up computer in safe mode

mnikraysktiyttm

In Runtime
How do you start your computer in safe mode, I did it once, but never found it again, which F button do you press on the startup screen?

Do you know where at in the F8 screen? And can you re-name the folder of your account name, I created a new one named the same as the last (I rename them) so its K_2, will being in safe mode allow me to do this?

If you just keep pressing F8 during the computer startup, (there is a right time but this way you won't miss it) eventually you will get to the F8 menu, when you get to this just choose "safe mode." as far as changing your account folder, well, don't do it. I beleive you will run it to many problems if you do so, plus I'm not sure that even through safe mode you can do this.

alright, i wont change it, but when i press F8, it goes to a blue screen that has a bunch of options, it used to be so when i pressed F8, there was "start windows normally" "use last know config" or "start windows in safe mode", but not anymore

strange.. the one with the black screen should be the one you get... I wonder if you are ending up in the bios options somehow.... try waiting till after all the hardware devices are detected, but right before the windows bootscreen appears, maybe that way you can catch it.

The F8 for start-up option is what you are looking for.
This is normally refered to as the start page or start-up page. Reboot your computer and as soon as it posts the graphics and memory clock speed(the very first thing you see on your monitor) toggle the F8 and keep doing it till you get the start-up page with safemode option on it. If it doesn't come up and your computer boots to windows let it completely launch windows and then restart the system and try it again.keep doing it till you get there.

It should be F8 after all the stuff that comes up about your computer passes, I did once find a little thing in the BIOS that hid the boot mode, if that will help

Back
Top Bottom