SSD Problem :(

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Hi, ive just bought a corsair force GT 60gb, ive installed windows 7 and installed all the neccessary driver. I have the ssd in sata 3 and AHCI mode, and I am getting very low benchmark scores, for example, with the ATTO benchmark the max read speed I get is 405mb/s and the max write I get is 182mb/s.

From looking at other peoples results I should be hitting over 500mb/s for the maximum read and almost 500mb/s for the maximum write.

?

Hmmm I wouldnt know then :\

I was thinking of getting this SSD as a boot drive.

I think it might be something to do with my MB using a marvell sata 3 controller, anyone know a solution?

I dont know if there are MB's out which have sata 3.0 ports which are do not use the marvell controller, if not then how are people reaching the 500mb/s speeds if they are all using marvel?

Well marvel supposed to be one of the top tier in SSD's. That and sandforce and intel I believe.

I know :S, but if you have a google around you'll see some people saying that they cant handle the sata 3 speeds.

Hmm try RMA, and get another one because you didnt get around the advertised speeds.

Back
Top Bottom