SSD drives

I want an SSD drive like I'd like to install windows on it and my programs and see if its really worth it like after watching that SSD awesomeness video it looks like they are amazing,

Does anyone have an SSD drive?
are they worth it i know that like they are expensive and crap and you don't get as many gigabytes as you would for the same price a regular drive but still

check this one out
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609330

MLC NAND Flash
Even though the NE blurp says 1 million hours I don't believe that for one second.
And the raptor is only SATA I. That's 1.5 if you don't recall. It's a waste if you want to use it in high speed applications. If you're gonna have to put up with the noise get something you can use.

Why not just get a Raptor or go into a RAID 0?

two Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB WD6401AALS drives will fly in RAID 0, they blow away the Raptor in sustained reads and burst speed, though the Raptor has the advantage in Random Access Time...

I would never get a SSD unless one practically fell into my lap almost for free, you can build a complete system for what some of them cost...

The one he was looking at only costs around 80 usd. Makes you wonder about the quaility.

i used a system with one and it was fast....(boot up times)
but im not buying one untill i can get a really fast 80gb one for less then 100

Back
Top Bottom