Spool32 At every startup!

get _fighted

Baseband Member
This damn Spool32 is now coming up 95% of the time I turn on my computer. It is causing an error in "JPOC-something-or-other", then pops up again causing an error in "<unknown>". I've tried doing what Microsoft said to rid myself of this, but it didn't work. Can anyone help?

spool 32 start each time you start your computer because it is the printer spooler, it is needed for printers to show up in your installed printers folder, and is needed to send print jobs to the printer.

an easy way to get rid of the printer spooler would be to uninstall any printers that are on your system...

If you could opst the exact message then we could probably help a bit better.

Have you got loads of stuff in your Printer Folder to Print? Clean it out - the spooler may be just trying to get it Printed.

get _fighted said:
This damn Spool32 is now coming up 95% of the time I turn on my computer. It is causing an error in "JPOC-something-or-other", then pops up again causing an error in "<unknown>". I've tried doing what Microsoft said to rid myself of this, but it didn't work. Can anyone help?
You forgot to name the printer.You have a very old system,but do you even have a printer ?
More info please.
By the way LK isn't the folder just kind of a clipboard of memory ?
Turning off your pc will clear this.
Lets see what develops.
;)

nah, its not stored in some kind of ram. it has a folder

The folder is rom.Read only memory.
You can't save "print" and do it later,you load the file and start over.
It's all gone when you shut down the printer and pc.
Make sure you include the printer switch as it might just be
"spooling around on you"
:D

lol..rom isnt erased on loss of power, jeez take some classes on computing.

and when i have print jobs still in process and i reboot, it wil ask me to print it still. Bluto do you have a printer?

some virus mascarade as a spooler32 file-scan for virus's. Then go start-run-type in the window msconfig, then eliminate from the startup the spooler32 entry. You will still have the ability to print without the spooler at boot time.

Gary Graefen said:
some virus mascarade as a spooler32 file-scan for virus's. Then go start-run-type in the window msconfig, then eliminate from the startup the spooler32 entry. You will still have the ability to print without the spooler at boot time.
Fair enough,but it was posted as a GCH and S'ware problem.
So do a virus scan.Heres the latest freebie,
http://www.free-av.com/
If that doesn't work than lets talk "hardware devices" problem ?
:p

Back
Top Bottom