Splitting the phone line with dsl cables

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a bt voyager 2100 wireless modem for my wireless network and a phillips cd445 house telephone. Both of these use the same telephone line as I only have one telephone connection point.

The problem i'm having is that I can't seem to have these 2 working at the same time. I tried putting both wires (both seem to be using the DSL type cable) into a bt adsl splitter, and connecting a dsl adapter to the phone section on the bt splitter. When doing this I get an unusual ringing tone via my phone (similar to a uk ambulance siren) and the wireless box won't get the internet connectionn started.

They both work 100% fine when plugged in on their own; but is there a way to get these both to work at the same time, sharing the 1 telephone line connection on the wall?? can someone please help me! :confused:

well i know i need an adsl filter the only problem im having is finding the correct one. i need one with 2x rj-11 sockets for the phone and internet although the connection on the wall is a standard uk telephone port (the think sidewards one)......so i need to find one with the standards uk tel port which i can connect two rj-11 wires (1x phone and 1x dsl) to it.

You can use a splitter with that I think. Plug the splitter into the wall jack, and then a filter into the splitter. Put your DSL line on the unfiltered side of the splitter, and then plug your phone into the filter. That's what I did when I had DSL and it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom