SpeedTouch 330 Broadband modem - Connection problems

DavidNW

Beta member
As a new customer (from 25/01/06) I have installed Virgin Broadband on my computer (XP Professional).

When my computer has been turned off for a long period (overnight, for instance) and turned on again, the LED lights on the Speed Touch 330 modem - only one right-hand side light in this case - lights up in RED and constantly blinks. There are no GREEN lights at this stage.

When I try to connect to broadband, the connection fails and I get the following error messages:

1. error message telling me that my modem is 'unplugged' when it's clearly not.

2. error message ‘0797: a connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy' appears when I try to diagnose the problem.

If I disconnect - then reconnect the USB cable from the computer to the modem, this solves the problem – the (2) GREEN lights come on, and I'm able to successfully connect to broadband.

I have also noticed in 'Device Manager' that the SpeedTouch modem is 'missing' from the installed hardware list when I have the above-mentioned problem/s - on reconnecting the USB cable (as described above) - the SpeedTouch modem 'reappears' in the installed hardware list and everything works again - until, as stated, the computer has been turned of for a period of time.

Many thanks for any help/advice,

Dave

Is it USB only? Can you use Ethernet? If you can, I would use ethernet.

Also, try your drivers. That always seems to fix some problems, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom