Speakers not working

Clutch1

In Runtime
Installing sound card

I'm having problems with whatever sound card or what not is on my computer. It's a stock CompaQ sr1220nx. I don't know much about the computer, but the speakers, regardless if I plug it in the front or back, don't work.

Any advice suggestions on getting a new sound card? What should I get?

Well first of all, have you tried a different set of speakers? If you try a different set of speakers and they still don't work, then you'll know that it's the sound card.
If not, it's the speakers. You need to do that first, you may only need new speakers and not a new soundcard.
Also, check the volume control panel (the little speaker icon in the system tray) and make sure that the volume is not muted, and that it is turned up to a sufficient level so you can hear it.

Lol, make sure your speakers are actually plugged into a wall outlet. Sometimes the biggest problems come from the simplest mistakes.

PerfectSK said:
Lol, make sure your speakers are actually plugged into a wall outlet. Sometimes the biggest problems come from the simplest mistakes.

Yeah, I'm not that dumb. :rolleyes:

They are plugged in, they play my ipod fine. When I open the volume control everything is blank. It says no audio device. Maybe I accidently deleted an audio file when i was checking to see if they all were working fine?

Well, what are recommendations if I decide to just turn around and get a new sound card?

Back
Top Bottom