SP2 upgrade

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
I tried upgrading to SP2 a few days ago right after i reformatted. I downloaded it from the windows site. Upon restarting windows a little bit into the loading screen the blue screen of death appeared, but it just flashed once and restarted. It kept doing it so i reformatted again. Im nervous to try and do it again because i don't feel like reformatting and installing crap again. What could have caused this? Do you think it could happen again? The reason i did it was because i got an error on 3dmark06 when trying to install said i needed a dll that was missing so i downloaded the new version of java that had it but i needed sp2 so i could install the java shit. sorry if its confusing

I had that happen once to me also. When I did it, the file download for sp2 was corrupted during the download process. When I downloaded it again and installed it once more, it worked fine for me. Just make sure that when you install it, let it do its thing. Make sure all programs are closed and let it restart your computer for you. That way it has a better chance in succeeding in the install process.

If you have a friend that has your OS with sp2 already with the disk, I would try to borrow it and place your cd key into it if you dont want to risk the "blue screen of death" again.
The CD will have a 99.9 % Perfect Outcome compared to risking the sp2 upgrade might crash during the install.

well I'd try it again, just because it's highly recommended to have sp2 installed.
And medabomb2000, max of 5 lines of text in the sig please.

Some pcs require a BIOS update to run SP2, so check for a newer version. Would also have been helpful if you had posted the error on ya BSOD aswell

medabomb2000 said:
If you have a friend that has your OS with sp2 already with the disk, I would try to borrow it and place your cd key into it if you dont want to risk the "blue screen of death" again.
The CD will have a 99.9 % Perfect Outcome compared to risking the sp2 upgrade might crash during the install.

This wont work as a SP1 key wont work with an SP2 disc

medabomb2000 said:
Worked fine on my oldest computer, when I reformatted with a SP2 disk.
Was it an original SP2 disc or just an SP1 install with SP2 added later. Also an OEM might work.

Back
Top Bottom