soyo

playatj1211

Solid State Member
I have this board and I am haveing problems loading the OS on it, here is the board
http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=11

Every time I try to load the OS on the the hard drive it keeps getting froze, like when I try to load Win 2000 with a clean boot it get to the SETUP IS COPYING FILES and it freezes at like 6%, and I have tried to clear CMOS, change the hard drive, change the CD rom, Update the CMOS, and boot from a floppy disk but it keeps getting stuck when it tries to install the OS, I have tried Win 98,2000,XP and I am starting to result to 95, could it be the board, the CMOS, the RAM, I don't know I need help HOW DO I GET THE OS TO TAKE?

as far as i know the 370 socket stopped at like 1ghz. isnt that under minimum specs for windows XP/2000/ME?

For one thing, it wont be the motherboard stopping you from uploading the OS. Its more likely to be your hard drive. Try and get a replacement. They are rather cheap now, as it could be that. Especially if its an old one.

As for the 1ghz rating, this would still let it install with no problems, and i've heard of Windows XP running on 200mhz Pc's

Yeah am sure it would, but not very well, hence the minimum :p i'd still boot up fine i'm sure

Back
Top Bottom