Sound Issue

xDieox

Solid State Member
Ok so I got myself a new computer it's a Intel core 2 duo 2.0gz, 2gb ram, 550w power supply, I'm running the onboard video and onboard sound. So my problem is when I run a high end program or say try and install something sometimes my sound will bug out and be like breaking up so I cant understand anything and it will fix when the program finishes. But sometimes if its a game I am playing when I load up the game it happens but when the game begins to stable the audio becomes clear but with occassionaly breaking and static type. I have also tried it with a pci sound card also with fully updated drivers and it did the same thing so I know it is not my onbaord sound that is the issue. The only thing I could think of is that it is my onboard video but I dont know does anyone know what may be causing the issue?

I see you have tried updated drivers (miss read your post) did you uninstall the old drivers before you installed the updated ones?

Yea I uninstalled the drivers from the onboard and installed updated drivers for my pci so i know it cant be a driver issue but right now like I'm playing World of warcraft and usually my sound will be a bit breaky in there but since I have the game minimized the sound is perfectly fine but when I go back into the game and like load something the sound breaks more and becomes unclear so I know for one it is not a driver issue I am going to get a new video card soon and that will tell me if it is a video issue or not.

It might be to do with the fact that your running a game without a decent video card. So your computer cant cope with the load. That would also explain how its ok when the game is minimised.

Yeah, I think Raffaz has it. The onboard vid card is taking up a lot of resources to run, and taking away power from the onboard sound card. Try getting a cheap PCI-E vid card and see if that changes anything.

yea thats what I though but it seems to also happen when I start up programs like 3dsmax it will break for a tiny bit but then fix itself. but i am going to get a geforce 7900gs soon so i will see if that fixes the issue.

Well that would be expected, the processor etc will be under strain when loading a program, so the sound could go then aswell.

Back
Top Bottom