sound card (whats the point ??)

MeTzenAs1

In Runtime
just like the subject says. out of all my newer gaming machines (past 2-3 years) I've stopped buying sound cards and just used the onboard sound. now I know if the sound died on one of em I would go spend like 40-50 bucks and get something with all the line ins but other than that.. how good could it really sound. I mean the most anyone should have is like 5.1 speakers imo but I understand if people want more but really whats the point of say

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102191

am I missing something.. if so sorry for my ignorance. I have an old soundblaster live 5.1 would this be better than the onboard of the newer mobos??

well the only reason i wanted a sound card for my pc is because the onboard uses the cpu and i wana get as much power as possible outta this thing but other than that i dont really see a point of a really fancy sound card i think any 24bit card would be fine

hmm.. never thought of it that waay.. if thats the case, you should have a pci sata controller pci ethernet, and pci sound card.

The purpose of a real fancy one is to add in, interface items such as a keyboard, or something to be able to create a musical studio in ones computer. I am about to purchase a new card, although a cheap one.

Ah so I guess I'm right.. if you are only going to use 2 speakers and a sub wolfer even if they are high quality speakers.. its ok just to use the on board.. or even a cheap sound card.. cause it will still sound great while gaming and listening to music

Back
Top Bottom