Sound Card vs Onboard Audio?

Well, you wouldn't need it if you just have some crappy stock speakers. What speaker setup do you have, or are looking into?

Yeha, it depends really. Of course, if you're a hardcore gamer, the x-fi is the way to go. It's so powerful, that, when you're wearing headphones, the sound of you walking in a game will be different from when you're looking up and from when you're looking down.... but, the audigy, the one that you want, joker, is fine. Any sound card is way better than integrated, unless, that is, you have an integrated sound blaster chip. Then it's the same. If you just want to use a 2.1 speaker set up to listen to music and not much else, then you don't really have to. but, if youre like me and you have the z5500e's, and you need the power when you game, yeah, I would definitely get the sound card.

yeah, i got a surround sound sys, so i needed a sound card, i just bought some cheap 5.1 card off tiger direct. But like Marx said, it depends on your use

sound cards also take quite a bit of load of your motherboard ad cpu. In some instances i can help free up 30fps.

Yeah, with the x-fi, it actually helps speed up your comp by taking away ALL music processing. It's quite a powerful card...

i have the same board and it has a pretty decent onboard sound but your graphics card would still benifit from buying even an augiy 2 value.

Good motherboard but need new speakers. 5.1 surround speakers will do you wonders when equipped with an X-Fi soundcard from Creative Labs. Huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom