sound card randomly doesnt work

ashaiba

In Runtime
I restarted my Sony Vaio PCV RS720G and I cant get the sound card to work, any programs like winamp, wmp say that the sound card isnt installed. i go to Device manager and nothing appears? so random...
and i dont know waht my sound card is.

goto device manager, then sound, video and game controllers then scan for hardwear changers. then look for ur sound card, if its there update drivers

"i go to Device manager and nothing appears"

when i go to device manager, theres no list, just a white windows with nothing on it

yea. i just need to know the name of my driver and maybe i can install it from their site. any help??? i no its a RealTek driver

Google 'Everset Home Edition'. Download it and run a hardware scan. It will come up with a report of all the hardware you have in your computer. It should also give you a model type for your motherboard. When you have that type:

"the name of your motherboard" drivers

into google. Download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard. If the sound is integrated then the sound drivers will be included with the general motherboard drivers. Download the drivers to a location you can later find/navigate to.

Go to control panel > system. Select the hardware tab at the top, then hit the device manager button. Something in the device manager should have a yellow exclamation mark to it. It should be called, 'Sound Card' or 'Audio device' or something like that. Right click it, and select properties. Then select the driver tab in the pop up menu. Select 'update driver' and a wizard will pop up. The wizard will give you an option to 'select the location of the driver if you know where it is'. Select that, and then browse to the location where you downloaded the driver too. And voila, you have reinstalled the driver for your soundcard.

EDIT: Give your device manager time to populate. It can take up to 5 minutes for this to happen on some systems. And I actually mean 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom