something wrong with computer

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
would a loose motherboard cause it to short-circuit?

everytime i start my computer, i cant get into the windows boot screen, instead, theres was a BSOD for like an blink of an eye. then it restarts. any reason why this is happening?

Yes if your motherboard is loose it could cause some type of short. Can you even get into safe mode or anything. Try and read the title of the BSOD and post back what it says. If you could get into windows I'd tell you a way to make the blue screen stick but it doesn't sound like you can get there. There are countless reasons it could get a bsod after the splash. Your memory would be a good start though. Try removing one stick at a time and see if it will let you into windows. Download Memtest86 if you have a spare computer and run it and see if your memory gives any errors.

i dont have time to read it, its like less than a second.
cant even get into safe mode

well, everything was working fine on my old case, but it was after i switched the case to a new one, this started happening. everything inside is the same in the case except the power supply, HDD, and CD drive

Okay, so the problem started when you changed cases? You really should give all details like this in the first post. I would suggest to make sure your motherboard is installed and screwed in correctly. make sure you have connected every wire correctly.

okay, ill start from the beginning. my friend, Ronaldo had a old ass piece of sh*t computer thats was outdated, so i let him borrow my old rig. which was working perfectly from the day before. so when we brought it to his house, one of my other friend, B swapped the processor to find out the dual channel on my current rig, (which seems to be the processor) any ways, B put the processors to its original mobo. then we took Ronaldo's motherboard out, and put my old one in. then i put some screws in the spacers when we put the motherboard in, and the screws wouldnt really fit in for some reason, but it fitted in before on his old mobo, so then there was some missing spacers since we didnt have enough which was like 2, then the screws were in, on the last one, i tried another screw and it fitted perfectly, so we were like "lets use these kinds instead" but then the screws were stuck, everytime we tried unscrewing the screw from the spacer, the spacers turned as well, and we couldnt get it out. so we just lefted like that. then we plugged everything in order, did the jumpers, but we never went to the windows boot screen, we turned it off. then we left for like 3 hours, and the case was closed and everything was plugged in. then Ronaldo bought a new graphics card (8600 GT) and when we got back, he installed it in, and the problem started occuring, then i recommended taking the graphics card out, and use the onboard video, and its the same problem. when we went to the bios setting, and we could left it on for about 5 min. and it stayed on. then we tried booting it back up, the problem still occurs, then we put the graphics card back, went to the bios, and it didnt restart, tried starting windows, and still no luck.
know its long, but i tried to explain as detailed as i can, if you guys have any questions or suggestions, please post
thanks in advance

make sure there are no risers on your case touching the motherboard where it shouldn't . that would short it out

hahahah Teny that sounds like one friday night a while back when I got my new motherboard and me and my brother were installing it and we didnt have enough risers and screws because the new motherboard was bigger than my old one. We scrounged some risers but they were diff heights so we were grinding them down on the bench grinder and using tap and die set to make new ones.....took about a carton of beer to get this mobo installed lol. Spose the diff is that mine worked..lol good times

Back
Top Bottom