Software Install Error for Creative Zen Software...

skipwilly

Beta member
I have a Zen Vision: M 30gb portable media player. I have Windows XP Sericve Pack 3 and Windows Media Player 11. I have tried to install the Creative Media Explorer(which is just software to put music on the mp3 player and to sort the music and edit the song info...etc) from the disk and from various downloads off the Creative Website, but none of them would install on my PC I would just get an error message. Then, I tried to install Creative Mediasource 5(another program similar to the other one) that i got from the website as well and i got an error and couldnt install that one as well. I have searched and tried almost everything and cant find a solution and its really upsetting....

When I try to install Creative Media Explorer I get this error message:

"DoInstall Fails to launch E:\PDE\Explorer\SETUP.INX. DoInstall return error code is -2147024864"

When I try to install Creative Mediasource 5 I get this error message:

" - DoInstal fails to launch C:\DOCUME~1\PC_COM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CRF000\CTShared\CTRedist\Cadl\Setup.inx CTXCommonDoInstall return error code is -2147024864."

so yea....ive hit a wall and really need help! so if anyone knows how i would go about fixing this problem i really need help....My computer does recognize my Zen Vision: M as and MTP Device and i know that i can just go in and paste music onto my deivce, but i would really like a software like Creative Media Explorer so i can edit the song info and albums arts (im a really picky about that stuff, its a pet peeve when they are incorrect or missing)
The only reason i am posting this on this fourm is because i think its probably something wrong with my PC so if im in the wrong thread or something, really sorry...but
Please respond asap if you can help or have advice. Thank You so much for your help.

Are you using the CD? If so, try getting the program from the website.
Ive had problems with the installers included with the device.

umm yes i am using the cd and i have downloaded from the website....so ive tried both....adn neither work....i think it might have something ot do with my computer being windows xp service pack 3 or else i think it might be some kind of registry problem....but im not really sure how i can identify the problem and fix it...so that leaves me here asking for help....so anyone out there who knows what these errors mean or how to fix this problem please help!!!!
thank you

Back
Top Bottom