Socket 478 Motherboard with PCI Express x16

Mortiscon

Baseband Member
Can anyone please help me? I need to find a motherboard with p4 socket 478 that has a PCI Express x16 slot. If anyone knows, please send me a link to that site. Thanks!

<Mortiscon>

That will work but do you know of a similar motherboard that has extra IDE(for hard drive and cdrom) connections on the mb as well as 4 dual ddr slots?

What processor are you using right now? P4 Hyperthreading right? I'll check to see if there are other alternatives. Maybe motherboard not using socket 478?

Intel BOXD101GGCL LGA 775 ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121308

ASUS P5RD1-VM LGA 775 ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131565

Prices are tons cheaper too. The first motherboard I linked will not work for you if you're using a Pentium 4. I looked that up and it's for the Intel Core Duo CPU. Plus, it's DDR2 since you need DDR. That's why there's such a price difference. Get one of those I linked above. They're both good motherboards.

Actually I think that motherboard you recommended will work fine. I'm just new to sata drives and was not sure if the HD, and CD-ROM, would work with it. I'm used to the IDE connectors and do not know much about about SATA. I have a friends computer that I took apart and i'm building him a new gaming machine with his old memory and Processor(p4 478).

Thanks!

Just read what you said earlier. Sorry I missed you mentioning that the first motherboard would not work with a P4. I need a board with socket 478 for the p4 with slot PCI Express x16.

I'm thinking those two motherboards above should be compatible with a P4 processor and DDR RAM. They both have 2 IDE slots. The only thing that may be different is the socket. Your friend's motherboard probably use Socket 478, but the ones that I recommend uses Socket LGA775 which is newer--but has the same support for the Pentium 4's. Should be ok....someone want to enlighten me on this?

The difference that I have found with the 775 is that the socket has the pins already there. The p4 I have has the pins on the bottom of the processor itself.

Back
Top Bottom