So excited - Upgrading GFX

tomirlik

In Runtime
I'm so excited, cause next week im getting a new gfx card. These will be my specs:

Pentium 4-D 3Ghz
2G DDR2 Kingstom RAM
640mb BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC2 Overclocked

thats a really nice card, just make sure you have a good enough power supply to run it

Mine for sure surpassed 450W, and I'm guessing that is what the card needs?

I don't have Vista yet, but will in a few months, so here I come dx10. Hope UT3 runs like a charm on this...

450 is the minimum for the card to operate, for that you should have about 550 or even 600 for it to operate at its full capabilities :), that'll be awesome either way though!! good luck! i wanna see some screen shots :p

Well, either way, I'm sure the experience will be awesome.

Hope in 5-10 years we get technology to run games at like 1000 fps at picture-perfect graphics.

tomirlik said:
Well, either way, I'm sure the experience will be awesome.

Hope in 5-10 years we get technology to run games at like 1000 fps at picture-perfect graphics.
Then our eyes and brain will be bottlenecking. We rather usually see up to 120FPSish. I can only see 60FPS lol..not

Ya, even though the hardware is improving so are the games, so I don't think that its getting easier for the hardware they're just coming out with new hardware to keep up with the software.

Umm, just wondering. If I had to buy a new power supply with 550W or something like that (enough to let the 8800 run normally), how much cash would I need to lay down. I hope not too much (Canadian currency)...

Back
Top Bottom