*sigh* Parents want to upgrade...

Radninja

Beta member
Alright, I searched google, and came up with a bunch of computer language. I know enough about computers and tryied to explain to my parents some of the different aspects to it....

My mother is wanting to upgrade from this horrid HP pavilion XE783 with windows ME to a dell that can play TV. (as in you can watch TV on it by hooking it up to your cable...)

She has a budget, but I assume that she can spend whatever on it...so she found this:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_3100?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

I assume that it doesn't do much, but does enough for the job to get done.

Can you guys help me? Appreciate any kind of help.

Man, that is some budget. You might be able to add a TV tuner card in there later on to watch TV on it. That's like another $20-$90 more. Get lots of RAM if possible.

I used to have the 3100! Nice machine I think. Add at least 1GB RAM - and it's a nice computer.

you don't necessarily need 1GB if it's just for your mom. i'd say 512 would be enough

All you need to watch tv on your computer is a tv tuner. Theres no point in buying a whole new computer just to watch tv, although it would be faster and your computer wouldn't have to work so hard. Try ATI's TV wonder if you just want a tv tuner, or get ATI's All-In-Wonder that functions as a tv-tuner and a graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom