Sharing internet connection...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Connecting wireless to wired network in order to share internet connection...

Ok, I have tried this before and sort of got it to work but im not sure how and cannot do it anymore.

I am using a Belkin F5D7632uk4 wireless router. My laptop upstairs connects to the wireless network and can access the internet. In the room next to me I have a desktop pc. I know that I could install a wireless NIC in the desktop and connect to existing network, but I have no money for one right now. So instead, I have an ethernet cable and another F5D7632uk4 router handy.

I want to use my spare router as a wired bridge between the laptop and PC so that the PC can receive internet from the laptop (which in turn is receiving internet from the wireless network. How should I go about doing this?

Please, please help me! It would be really appreciated!!!!

So far I have turned off DHCP on the downstairs router. On my laptop I have set the IP address to be 192.168.2.3. So its a static IP. What should my next step be? Connect my spare router to the laptop via ethernet? Then connect the router to the desktop? Then what? Please help!!!

On your lappy, go to Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click your internet connection and select Properties. Under the Advanced tab check "Allow other users to connect through this computer's internet connection." Then just connect the computer to the laptop using only the ethernet cable. No need for the router.

Oh, if you have XP, you may want to run the Network Setup Wizard to setup internet connection sharing. :D

Back
Top Bottom