Shared Video Memory help

DPtheGod

Baseband Member
Hello, first of all I would like to say thank you in advance to anyone who can help me. I have a computer running Windows Vista, with 2 GB of RAM. However, 512 MB of my RAM is being used as shared video memory for my video card. But, I already have a 256 MB dedicated video card, so now I have 768 MB of video memory. Does anyone know how I can get into editing the amount of memory being used for my video memory? Thanks in advance.

What are the specs of your computer and what video card are you using would be a good start to us helping you.

I've never heard of an extra 512mb of RAM being used on a 256MB dedicated card though, turbocached or not. Somethings weird there.

Yeah, I found it to be weird as well.

Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz, 2.00 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2046 MB
System type: 32-bit OS
Hard drive: 320 GB

Is that good? Or need more?

Graphics Card
e-GeForce 7100 GS 256MB On-Board

I looked it up. It is right:

128/256MB GDDR2
Turbo Cache 512Mb

Even with the take away, you still have 1 1/2GB's of memory which is plenty.

I'm guessing from that card though, you aren't much of a gamer?

If you were bothered about the RAM, buying a really cheap dedicated non-turbocached card would probably be worth your while.

try looking in the bios. It might have a setting to change the amount of ram for the vid card, or it might not have that option. But it's worth a try.

If not, and its really bothering you, buying a cheap 3D card that isn't turbo-cache won't break the bank, and will definietly be cheaper than shelling out on an extra 512mb stick to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom