Shared Printers

profmister said:
Could somebody tell me how (if possible) to set a password when sharing a printer throught a network?

Hi :)

So you want to be able to allow people access to a printer on a network through a password? in other words, say if i was on PC9 and I wanted to print out my work, I will get a password prompt before I could do anything? is that what youre trying to do ?

Hi, I'm moving this to the hardware and software section :)

Is there a reason why you'd want to set up a password if it'd be on the same network? I don't know how to do it though i'm afraid :(

You'll get more help here though :)

to save ink, it is slightly more expensive than paper, incase you didnt know, dumbass, and the real reason is so that random ppl do not connect to my printer and print

profmister said:
to save ink, it is slightly more expensive than paper, incase you didnt know, dumbass, and the real reason is so that random ppl do not connect to my printer and print

don't be like that do0d, you won't get much help around here being a jerk

can you not set each pc to its own individual printer you want them to print to. and have your printer only linked up to your system and not on the network. this way only you can use your printer.
or you could take your printer out of the network printer list so no one else but you can use your printer

Back
Top Bottom