Setting up a password on wireless connection

marcmarteleira

In Runtime
Hey people, I have a US Robotics Wireless router and I enabled wireless connection so my brother can connect on his Nintendo Wii, but when I check hosts 2 computers that are NOT owned by me are showing up using my connection, which would explain why my internet is running so much slower then usual, how can I set up a password or spike their computers?

This is the router I currently own.

http://www.usr.com/products/networking/wireless-product.asp?sku=USR5453

Open an Internet browser and enter the access point's IP address which should be 192.168.1.10 by default. In order to access the Web User Interface, the system prompts you for a user name and password. The default value for both User Name and Password is admin.

Under the Advanced settings, select Security. In the Security drop down menu you can select either WPA or WPA2. Enter the security options needed, including a security key, and click Update. You may also want to change the security password for the access point on the main page from admin to one of your own for added security.

Now before anyone can connect to your wireless connection they will have to enter the password you specified in the security settings. You will also need to enter the password in the Wii to enable it to connect to the access point.

Back
Top Bottom