Serious Business!!

Iontheable

In Runtime
So just to clerify, for my own financial sake as well as yours:

Windows 7 is being released at $199 for a full, fresh install.

Windows Vista (OEM) is on Newegg for $109 with a Free Windows 7 Upgrade.

My math ability isn't what it used to be but, amiright?

Yeah.... LOL I actually Just bought mine...:D

The only thing is if you already have Vista you can get the upgrade to Windows 7 for like 50 bucks.

And to clarify the Vista and get 7 Free thing is only the upgrade which really doesn't matter much but it will allow you to keep all of your files from Vista and just upgrade the files necessary for Windows 7

Isn't that kinda shitty though? Doesn't it mean that every time you wipe your harddrive and do a fresh install you need to first install Vista then download the upgrade to 7 AND THEN install Windows 7? I guess for some it might not be worth saving $90...like me for instance (but I am still happy with XP)

Isn't that kinda shitty though? Doesn't it mean that every time you wipe your harddrive and do a fresh install you need to first install Vista then download the upgrade to 7 AND THEN install Windows 7? I guess for some it might not be worth saving $90...like me for instance (but I am still happy with XP)

Ditto!

Although I might, just might, set up a dual boot XP Pro/Windows system.

Just might...

Not unless MS does what they do with MS Office upgrades. It will ask for the location of the installation, or the CD. Pop in the CD, it checks that you have it, and then it continues with the installation. I have done this with other MS programs before...wonder if W7 would work the same by asking for your Vista DVD?

I'm thinking they might just have you redeem the coupon code when 7 comes out and then pay shipping and they will send you the upgrade package for 7. But who knows they might have you just DL it from Microsoft's site and then use the vista disk again.

Back
Top Bottom