secure file

mitch0508

In Runtime
hi

i just wanted to know if there was any way of making a file so you can put files in and if they have a virus it doesnt affect your computer. like a secure file or something.

thanks

you could proberly compress it to a rar and then chop of the extension thus making it a "file" to open you would have to write .rar on the end then uncompress

hi

i just wanted to know if there was any way of making a file so you can put files in and if they have a virus it doesnt affect your computer. like a secure file or something.

thanks
IDK if this is what you are looking for, but I have a Virtual Machine running on my PC. I can throw viruses in there to check and see if its infected etc... and if it is I can revert the state of the VM back to before I introduced the virus to the system.

how bout dling it to a usb drive like the 1gb ones and running a virus scan on it...they have a program like windows mobile for them....check maximumpc.com for it i had a disk with it on it in like the nov issue but i threw it away.ne ways it lets u use programs on it without messing up ure harddrive.

I would say stick it on a CD/DVD if its that important, you can use compressed software like WINRAR or 7 ZIP and they would let you password protect the file but they wont be virus proof.

Back
Top Bottom